Amazon Verified Purchase(href="/gp/community-help/amazon-verified-purchase" target="AmazonHelp" onclick="amz_js_PopWin('/gp/community-help/amazon-verified-purchase', 'AmazonHelp', 'width=400,height=500,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,toolbar=0,status=1');return false; ">)
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Olympus WS-300M 256 MB Digital Voice Recorder and Music Player (Electronics)
Amazon Verified Purchase(href="/gp/community-help/amazon-verified-purchase" target="AmazonHelp" onclick="amz_js_PopWin('/gp/community-help/amazon-verified-purchase', 'AmazonHelp', 'width=400,height=500,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,toolbar=0,status=1');return false; ">)
This review is from: Olympus WS-300M 256 MB Digital Voice Recorder and Music Player (Electronics)
I am an MTSO (medical transcription service owner) who likes to play with the digital hand-held recorders my doctors use before I recommend or sometimes, as an incentive, give them for dictating. Today I set up two: A Philips 9350 (about $250) and the Olympus WS-300M (about $75), both quality hand-helds. Playback for both .dss (Philips) and .wma with a footpedal is easy with Express Scribe from Australia, a free program, or a proprietary software program, one of many available for medical transcription.
Ease of setup for both? Fairly easy, but the edge goes to the Olympus. Sound quality, excellent for both. The Olympus is clearer, slightly better volume, and low to no background noise, a big plus. Transfer of files to the computer? Philips, and others, require a program and a USB transfer cable. The Olympus? Wow! I just love it. Disengage the recorder from its base, plug the recorder into the USB port, use My Computer to see recorder contents listed as a removable drive (brilliant) and cut and paste or copy and paste. Love it.
The only drawback I can see to the Olympus is the size and how comfortable my doctors are, depending on how large their hands are, dictating report after report when seeing patients, and using the smaller Olympus hand-held.
Amazing for the price. We shall see how it holds up to a lot of use.
Olympus WS-300M 256 MB Digital Voice Recorder and Music Player (Electronics) at amazon.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment