Monday, April 25, 2011

Mucho Macho Man gets glue-on shoes

Risen Star winner Mucho Macho Man has been equipped in glue-on shoes in the wake of his losing a front shoe out of the gate in the Louisiana Derby (in which he finished a close third), trainer Kathy Ritvo said.

“He’s been doing really well with them,” she said, “so that’s what we’re going to stick with.”

About Jennie Rees Jennie Rees covers thoroughbred racing for The Courier-Journal. Get your local newspaper delivered daily or weekends to your door.Click herefor subscription information and special deals.

This entry was posted inUncategorized. Bookmark thepermalink.

Pletcher on Mo: I’ve lost no confidence in his ability

Speaking of having no limit, Shepherd wins $200K stakes while battling staph infection

I grew up in Lexington, where Keeneland was your last high-school class of the day for three weeks in the spring and fall.

An Indiana University journalism grad, I aspired to cover either college basketball and football or major-league baseball. Instead I fell into the break of my life and got the horse-racing beat for the C-J in late 1983. Two year's later, I met my husband, trainer Pat Dupuy, a New Orleans native who along with being an invaluable live-in resource for the intricacies of racing also introduced me to previously unexplored delicacies such as crawfish and ice in beer.

Defining sports endeavors: I competed for Tates Creek High School's state gymnastics champions, played on the dorm team that finished runner-up for IU's all-campus kickball title and was hooker for the original Louisville women's rugby team in the early 1980s. If pressed into action, I can hot-walk a horse.

My mantra: There's never a bad Derby, some are just better than others.

Favorite quote: D. Wayne Lukas' "People have opinions - horses have the facts."

In this space, I look to provide a mix of news tidbits, opinions and my favorite hangouts near racetracks across the country. As I do at the racetrack, I welcome reader interaction and feedback.

Source: http://blogs.courier-journal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment