Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Singing is my first love—Asha Bhosle

The legendary playback singer Asha Bhosle, who charmed the audiences for nearly six decades with her mesmerizing voice, has now nabbed an acting role.

The singer, who is to play the main protagonist in her debut film ‘Maaee’, recently stated that singing will remain her first love and not acting.

On Sunday, at the mahurat of her debut film ‘Maaee’, the singer was fielded with questions about whether she would take up acting seriously or not, and for this Asha stated, "Singing is my first love. Acting is not my forte. ‘Maaee’ will be my first and last movie as an actor.”

Asha, who took up acting after much coaxing from her son Anand, revealed that she doesn’t watch today’s Bollywood films since they have no emotions and is computerized, hence prefers to watch cartoon movies.

“There are no emotions in today's films. Everything is computerised, including the fight scenes. It is better to watch cartoon movies. But I liked the film Munnabhai MBBS,” stated the veteran singer turned actress.

Padmini convinced her to take up acting, says Asha

‘Maaee’, which is to be directed by Mahesh Godiyal, will see the 76-year old singer playing the mother to the popular 80’s actress Padmini Kolhapure.

It’s learnt that Asha was not confident to take up the acting job and it was her son Anand and Padmini who were instrumental in convincing the singer to take up the film.

“I was worried about how I will remember dialogues and face the camera, despite having performed in front of big audiences the world over. I have even sung a lullaby in the film, which suits my character as a mother and grandmother. I had inhibitions about acting earlier,” said the 76-year-old singer.

Meanwhile Asha revealed why she signed ‘Maaee’ and stated that the title of the film brought back memories of her mother since she used to call her mom by the same name.

It’s heard that Asha had a chit chat with her sister and legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, before her debut film went on floors on Sunday, and it seems that Lata gave her the confidence that she would perform well.

"Last night, I spoke to didi who reassured me that I would do a good job. She said acting runs in my veins as our father late Dinanath Mangeshkar was a drama artiste,” stated Asha.

Source: http://www.totalfilmy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment